There are so many boring blogs out there. Sure, some have good information, but often they all have the same information! There’s no perspective or interesting stories to entice the reader.
People do not need more information. Everyone is drowning in information.
People need insights, context and engagement to help them digest information and enjoy what they are learning. Entertain while you educate with your content creation, as much as you can.
When I write, I want you to feel like we’re having a chat over coffee. When I shoot a video, I want to give you some insights you haven’t considered and make you smile a few times along the way. When I write a book like The New Brand You, I want you to feel like we’re having a conversation.
Sure, there’s dry material that has to get covered in almost every subject area. Try making real estate cash flow analysis or legal considerations exciting or fun … it’s a real challenge. If you need to learn SEO and other online marketing strategies – there are dry technical details that have to be covered. But, by throwing in stories, examples, and witty comments, there’s a way to cover the material and keep your reader engaged.
And, in most industries, you really should be looking much deeper than just information to give your audience something that will make you stand out and will make them hungry for more.
In today’s video you’re going to learn three insights into what your audience REALLY wants to hear from you, and how you can knock their socks off with your expertise:
When you sit down to write or share anything … ask yourself:
What does my audience want to achieve?
What are they not thinking about, or not aware of, right now that they really need to consider? What are the opportunities or risks, and how can they can act to take advantage or prevent them?
If you like this video, you’ll love The New Brand You! And, you’ll probably also enjoy these articles as well:
- 3 Business Appropriate Ways to Make People Laugh
- How to Hire a Great Ghostwriter
- How to Shoot Videos People Actually Want to Watch
- Why Your Follow-Up Sucks & What to Do About It
Image Credit: ID 37613293 © Atholpady | Dreamstime.com
Latest posts by Julie Broad (see all)
- 5 Ways to Ruin Your Chances of Landing a New Gig - June 7, 2017
- Selling for Small Business Owners – The How of Business Podcast - March 13, 2017
- Living a Little Simpler: Paradox of Choice - March 3, 2017
- How to Decide When It’s Time to Launch Your Book, Business or Project - December 28, 2016
- Three Selling Tips for Introverts - November 26, 2016