My Dad was usually joking when he said it, but as an introvert, I always thought it seemed like a good plan. I would happily sit quietly absorbing all that was going on around me, but saying very little. It also seemed like a good way to sell when I launched out of the University of Calgary with a BComm into a sales job with Kimberly Clark Canada. I really didn’t know what I was doing at first and the idea of approaching total strangers to ask them to do something for me was utterly terrifying. I wouldn’t have even taken the job if it weren’t for the company car, good salary and bonuses!
Funny enough, I grew to love the job. It was challenging, rewarding and energizing. More importantly, I learned how to sell in a way that worked for me. I started to understand how to create connections with others and how to have conversations that sell.
I also learned some other valuable lessons like:
- Always remember to put on pants before you leave for a sales call,
- Good sales means great problem solving, and
- The better you are at confident communication (in all forms), the greater your ability to influence, impact and ultimately inspire others.
These are just a few of the things I’ll be sharing with you here and in my weekly newsletters Broad Thoughts TV (which you just might want to sign up for right now!).
If you’re looking to have more influence and impact in your business, career or company – this is for you! If you’re not a natural born salesperson but you know that generating more revenue and communicating to influence is the quickest way to get the results you want, this is perfect for you.
If you’re planning a meeting or a workshop and you’re looking for a speaker and trainer who can help the members in your organization have a great impact and influence in their jobs or businesses, let’s chat. You can learn more about how I can help you have your best meeting yet, right here. Teaching is my passion and I guarantee I will be professional from first contact through to event completion. I will show up prepared and will present exactly what you need to inspire and impact your audience in just the way you’re looking for.
Latest posts by Julie Broad (see all)
- The Only Way to Win in Life (and Poker) - December 31, 2017
- The New Brand You Wins Beverly Hills Book Award - November 20, 2016
- 3 Tips When You’re Starting a Business - November 20, 2016
- What to Do When Something Bad Happens - November 11, 2016
- Is Google Ruining Your Personal Brand? - August 13, 2016